American Disposal—the cluster’s trash removal company—has offered to replace residents’ American Disposal cracked recycling bins on Tuesday, April 18th.
If you would like to swap your damaged bin for a new one, please email your name and address to email@example.com by Thursday, April 13th.
Remember, the following are required to exchange your recycling bin:
- Only damaged American Disposal bins will be swapped; the company will not replace other kinds of bins. The company’s name is on its bins.
- Your damaged American Disposal bin must be placed in front of your unit by 8 AM on April 18th.
Please contact Damian Gullo if you have any questions.
We have received notice from American Disposal Services that they will be changing their policies for collecting yard waste.
Effective March 1, 2017, yard waste materials placed in plastic bags will be rejected at the local yard waste composting facilities.
They have been informed that plastic bags of any kind require additional processing and render the finished process less attractive. Therefore they are modifying their pick-up requirements.
American Disposal will accept yard waste material in compostable paper yard waste bags or personal containers clearly marked “yard debris material.” Here is a sample bag from Home Depot.
Remember this change goes into effect on March 1 so plan your spring yard work accordingly.
It’s that time of year… Time to put your new Generation Parking Passes in your cars. Here’s what you need to know:
- Install your passes ASAP and remove parking stickers from previous years
- 2017 Parking enforcement will start on January 15
- Vehicles with outdated permits will be subject to towing
- If you do not receive permits, it is possible your account with the association is in arrears. You will receive permits once your account becomes current.
- Parking passes have been mailed to all eligible homeowners
- Owners, if you have an office address, permits are sent directly to the tenant/property address
Other parking reminders:
- According to the Generation Cluster Parking Regulations “Each home will automatically receive 2 primary permits and 1 visitor permit.
- Visitor parking is for short-term usage only, and not to be used by residents.
- Residents may apply for an overflow permit for a third vehicle for an additional resident driver.
- Overflow spaces are limited in number and are available on a first come first served basis.
- ALL vehicles with overflow tags MUST park in designated overflow spaces.
- Application for the third (Overflow) tag must include proof that all 3 cars are resident cars.”
- Vehicles may NOT park in fire lanes, as this is a violation of Fairfax County Fire Regulations. Vehicles parked in fire lanes will be towed and/or ticketed by Battlefield Towing (703-378-0059) or by the police.
- Motorcycles shall use the reserved space assigned to the home for which they are a resident or guest & may share the space with a properly tagged car.
- Commercial vehicles are not to be parked within the community. All commercial vehicles may be towed without warning.
- Vehicles must be in compliance with all local and State regulations, and be in good repair and operable condition.
If you have any questions, please call Kathy Gately, Capitol Property Management. (703) 707-6404.
In the next few weeks we will be publishing the fully updated parking guidelines and documentation.
Fairfax County has developed an online Winter Weather Guide that covers topics ranging from VDOT’s Plowing Plan to Ice Skating.
Here is the link: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news2/your-guide-to-winter-weather-in-fairfax-county/
Blade Runners is tentatively scheduled for another leaf removal/pick-up for next Thursday, December 8. Note, this may change based on weather.
Feel free to put your leaves out so they can pick them up.
Please join us for the annual Halloween Potluck Supper before trick-or-treating!
- Date: 10/31/2016 (Mon.)
- Time: 5:30pm a
- Location: Generation I Tree Island
Please volunteer to help or bring something by signing up on Sign-Up Genius:
One of our neighbors is replacing their heat pump and has negotiated a neighborhood offer for anyone in Generation cluster. Here is the deal:
Your neighbors in Generation Cluster are looking for 10+ homes to commit to a new heat pump installation. If we can get 10+ homes to commit in October for install in November, each home will receive a color/programmable/digital/wifi Honeywell 9000 Thermostat for free (a $350 installed value).
The details are as follows: RUUD 14-SEER (up to 3-ton) heat pump install for 1-5 homes will be $5,400. 6-9 homes will be $5,200. and 10 + homes is $5,000 with a free Honeywell 9000 digital/wifi/color programmable thermostat. Upgrades/changes can be made to accommodate condos and single-family homes (price will vary accordingly).
RH JOHNSON Cooling Heating and Home Services will be performing the installations. They are a local, family-owned business that has been performing HVAC installs for 30+ years! The company is Class A licensed and insured. For any questions or to commit by the end of October, please call or text 703-505-0183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.