It’s that time of year… Time to put your new Generation Parking Passes in your cars. Here’s what you need to know:
- Install your passes ASAP and remove parking stickers from previous years
- 2017 Parking enforcement will start on January 15
- Vehicles with outdated permits will be subject to towing
- If you do not receive permits, it is possible your account with the association is in arrears. You will receive permits once your account becomes current.
- Parking passes have been mailed to all eligible homeowners
- Owners, if you have an office address, permits are sent directly to the tenant/property address
Other parking reminders:
- According to the Generation Cluster Parking Regulations “Each home will automatically receive 2 primary permits and 1 visitor permit.
- Visitor parking is for short-term usage only, and not to be used by residents.
- Residents may apply for an overflow permit for a third vehicle for an additional resident driver.
- Overflow spaces are limited in number and are available on a first come first served basis.
- ALL vehicles with overflow tags MUST park in designated overflow spaces.
- Application for the third (Overflow) tag must include proof that all 3 cars are resident cars.”
- Vehicles may NOT park in fire lanes, as this is a violation of Fairfax County Fire Regulations. Vehicles parked in fire lanes will be towed and/or ticketed by Battlefield Towing (703-378-0059) or by the police.
- Motorcycles shall use the reserved space assigned to the home for which they are a resident or guest & may share the space with a properly tagged car.
- Commercial vehicles are not to be parked within the community. All commercial vehicles may be towed without warning.
- Vehicles must be in compliance with all local and State regulations, and be in good repair and operable condition.
If you have any questions, please call Kathy Gately, Capitol Property Management. (703) 707-6404.
In the next few weeks we will be publishing the fully updated parking guidelines and documentation.