On September 10, the Generation Cluster board held their regular meeting and addressed a number of topics. Here are a few updates we wanted to share.
Generation Cluster Halloween Party
Save the date for Saturday, October 27 for the annual Generation Cluster Halloween Party. All neighbors are invited to join in for some fall fun. Here are the details (so far):
- When: Saturday, October 27 at 5:30 PM
- Where: Generation I Tree Island
- What to Bring: Please bring a side to share and any beverages. A grill will be provided if anyone wants anything cooked.
- Activities: Still to be determined, but children are invited to wear their costumes.
Look for more details to come on the Generation Cluster website (www.generationcluster.com).
Want to help? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
The board discussed the need to resume neighborhood inspections to ensure that properties in the cluster are in compliance with Generation Cluster covenants and design standards.
In the Spring of 2013, The Board of Directors for Generation Cluster will conduct their inspection of the yards, fences and exteriors of the homes in the community. Please review your homes and yard as there are a number of repair items that are common on most units. These items are all part of the general maintenance that every homeowner is responsible for. Some of these items are:
- Leaning fences or rotted boards on fences.
- Peeling trim paint or rotting wood on house trim (especially entry door, window trim and roof rake board trim (the rake board is under the eve shingles on the front, back and side of house)
- Yards need mowing, bushes need trimming and general landscaping upkeep needed.
- Front and/or rear yards full of storage items or trash. (trash cans, recycle bins, rakes, garden tools, empty planters, toys, construction material etc.)
- House numbers missing or covered by landscaping (visible address numbers are required by Fairfax County law)
The Board has decided not to send individual violation notices at this time. Instead we are providing this general notification. Individual inspections will be conducted in early spring 2013. At that time all homeowners are expected to have completed all necessary repairs and cleanup to their home.
For specific questions, please contact Kathy Gately at Capital Management Company
Neighborhood Tree Care
One of the most wonderful things about living in Reston is all the trees. Yet one of the most expensive items in the cluster budget is maintenance of all the trees in our neighborhood. The cluster board routinely walks through the neighborhood to identify trees that need immediate removal. We have contracted with our tree vendor and work will be conducted over the next few weeks.
For more information on the aging trees in Reston, check out this article in the Reston Patch.
Keep an eye out for your notice about the Generation Cluster Annual Meeting. This is your opportunity to vote for the members of the cluster board of directors as well as any issues requiring a vote based on our bylaws.
Our neighborhood runs on volunteer power. The more neighbors that volunteer, the less we need to rely on our management company (which helps keep our dues down). Please consider volunteering for a committee or taking on a neighborhood improvement issue. Email email@example.com to get involved.