As reported earlier, a number of residents had items stolen from their cars last week including EZ Pass and GPS transponders. A couple of reminders:
- Don’t forget to lock your car (as far as we know, all of the cars were unlocked)
- If you had something stolen, go ahead and file a police report.
Concerning GPS devices a few specific notes:
- If you have a GPS, record the serial number in a safe place so you can report it.
- Always remove the GPS from your window/car.
- Likewise if you have the suction cups/attachment device on your windshield, remove it. Even without a GPS it advertises “There’s a GPS in this car”
We’ll report back if we hear anything else and as the neighborhood watch gears up. Remember if you’d like to be involved in the neighborhood watch to send and email to email@example.com