As we all hunker down and stay at home, the Board has met virtually and we want to thank everyone for looking out for each other as neighbors, while maintaining social distancing. Here are some items of note:
- At this time, trash and recycling pickup are continuing as normally scheduled.Our community lawn maintenance is also continuing by Blade Runners as normal.
- Exterior home inspections for houses going on the market are continuing as normal. Spring inspections are postponed until further notice.
- The Reston Community Center is closed indefinitely by order of Fairfax County Government. The board will hold virtual meetings.
- The complete parking lot replacement for all of Generation – milling,repaving, and restriping – was originally planned for the April/May timeframe. Due to the pandemic and the fact that many people are now home, the work has been rescheduled begin in July. Concrete: July 6-10 and 7/13-17. Asphalt: July 20- 24. You will begin to see more communications about the parking lot project and its impact to residents as we get closer to the expected dates.
- Millennium street sign was replaced with correct spelling (however, they did not do Millennium + Decade sign).
It’s almost time for our annual neighborhood Halloween Spook-Tacular!
- Oct 31
- 5:30 PM
- Generation I Tree Island
To RSVP and sign up for something to bring, check out this sign-up genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f48aaae2daafe3-generation1
For questions or more information contact Adelle Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The trees on the “tree island” in Generation 1 will be trimmed on Wednesday, July 24. So the crews have enough room to work (and to protect your car), there will be no parking in this area from 7 AM to 5 PM.
We received this update from American Disposal regarding our trash pickups:
Due to hazardous weather and deteriorating road conditions yesterday, some areas were not completed to prevent potential injury or property damage. Safety to all our customers, the general public, as well as our employees will always be our primary consideration.
We will return on the next scheduled service day for uncollected items and collect double the volume.
We recognize adverse weather conditions may bring unwelcomed service interruptions and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Since we are expecting snow, please remember that both Generation Drive and Millennium Lane have marked snow lanes for the plows to deposit snow. Please make sure the are clear for the plows and there are no cars parked in them.
Join us for the Generation Cluster Halloween Spook-Tacular!
- Wednesday, Oct 31
- 5:30 PM
- Generation I Tree Island
We’ll have a potluck, kid’s costume contest and tricks & treats for all!
Questions or want to help? Reach out to Adelle at email@example.com or call 302.750.3191.
Potluck sign up and RSVP on Signup Genius
Note: In case of inclement weather and we have to cancel, we will post an announcement on the Generation Cluster Facebook and Nextdoor Pages
The Reston Association Design Review Board recently approved a new Generation Cluster standard for roof shingles. The shingle types in the previous standard are no longer available. The 3 shingles that were approved for the new standard are: The Reston Association Design Review Board recently approved a new Generation Cluster standard for roof shingles. The shingle types in the previous standard are no longer available. The 3 shingles that were approved for the new standard are:
- GAF Architectural Timberline Weathered Wood
- GAF Architectural Timberline Pewter Gray
- GAF 3-tab Weathered Gray
Generation Cluster homeowners who replace their roofs are now required to use one of the three shingles in the new standard. Examples of the shingles can be viewed at Home Depot. Also, they can be seen on the following three homes in the cluster that have recently installed new roofs.
- 2332 Generation Dr. – GAF Architectural Timberline Weathered Wood
- 2360 Generation Dr. – GAF Architectural Timberline Pewter Gray
- 2334 Generation Dr. – GAF 3-tab Weathered Gray
If you have any questions about the new roof standard–and to avoid costly mistakes–please contact the cluster’s manager Shirley Klocek (firstname.lastname@example.org).